4/09/2014

Practice night at Osky gets my 2014 season started

Finally. I finally made it out to a track to get my 2014 season started. Family commitments and scheduled events have kept me away from anything racing so far this year; and they will also affect my schedule for the next few weeks, so I was more than happy to make the trip to the Southern Iowa Speedway to check out tonight's practice.
It was a beautiful night to be at the track, a little breezy, but definitely a warm spring night. There was a strong turnout of cars - I think a good omen for the Frostbuster there tomorrow night. The track looked to be in good shape, and outside of few mechanical problems, there weren't many issues for those making laps during the time I was there. Practice ran from 7 to 10, and by 9:00 there had been no major carnage. There were also quite a few bodies in the stands checking things out too.
A week late, the Frostbusters look to have at least two perfect nights in store, and hopefully they can successfully finish their four-night run. Me, I'm crossing my fingers the weather will cooperate for the Deery Brothers late model show Saturday night at West Liberty; my next planned night at the track. Below are a couple of shots from tonight's practice. You can catch the whole selection at our Facebook site.
Good luck in your travels this week. I'm glad that 34 Raceway, Lee County Speedway and the folks in Algona have had good fortune in getting some shows in this year. When this weekend wraps up, we'll have a solid start to the season underway. I can't wait to see what else it has in store.


No comments: