8/26/2010

The next couple of weeks hold a lot of action - here are some things to look for

This weekend marks the weekly racing finale for IMCA late models. Ray Guss Jr. and Terry Neal are bringing their points battle down to the final night. Be sure to watch the headlines next week to see who comes out on top.

The Hunt for the USMTS National Championship is at the halfway mark this weekend. They have been making a lot of appearances close to home in the last few days, and that continues on into next week. I'm looking forward to the Marshalltown and Oskaloosa shows, as well as hearing how things play out at Highway 3. Of course the Hunt wraps up at Deer Creek at the end of September.

Along with the USMTS modifieds, the USRA stock cars will also headline, and being a stock car fan, I'm looking forward to it. Mike Van Genderen leads the points for the Dart Iron Man Challenge that wraps up with three events at the three previously mentioned Iowa tracks. Nathan Wood is second in points, with Steve Jackson in third.

The Deery Brothers Series gets busy again as we draw close to Labor Day - September 3 at Quincy, September 4 at Lee County Speedway and September 6 at Boone as the opener for Super Nationals. Super Nationals?! It can't be! Yes, we are just days away from the Boone Speedway madness. I can't wait.

This weekend, I venture off the dirt and will be in attendance for the ARCA, NASCAR truck and IndyCar shows at Chicagoland Speedway. I am actually working the IndyCar show, serving as one of their pit reporters on Saturday night. Joining me is fellow Iowa Speedway media center worker Ryan Repp. It should be a good time.

These are just a few of the things on my radar that I will be catching you up on in a timely manner. Also, watch out for more pics on Facebook. Jeff showed me the ropes and I will be getting those on there at the start of next week!

Thanks for reading.

No comments: